5 DIY Tips to Help Improve your Website’s SEO
As you are probably aware, the minefield that is known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), can bamboozle even the most tech astute digital marketer. According to Searchengineland.com SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo have primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users. Payment isn’t involved, as it is with paid search ads. (What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?, n.d.)
To get your website listed highly for relevant search words or terms on a search engine is a very daunting task, with many, many permutations and combinations. It is a task that I would seriously recommend outsourcing to an expert, however, here are five quick website SEO improvement tips that you can implement on your own today:
5 DIY SEO Improvement Tips
- Submit Your Website to Search Engines: You can improve your business visibility by submitting your website pages to search engines such as Yahoo, Bing and Google. Get your free business listing on Google by clicking on www.google.com/business and filling in the form.
- Create Social Media Sites to Help Boost SEO: Create your organization’s own social media pages on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, etc. to get more organic search traffic.
- Optimize Images and Use Alt Text for Keyword Optimization: Use image optimizer sites such as www.imageoptimizer.net to improve the quality of your images. Also, add Alt Text where possible. Alt Text (alternative text) is a word or phrase that can be inserted to tell website viewers the content.
- Hyphenate: When setting URL page titles and tags use hyphens (-) between words to improve readability. Do not use underscore (_).
- Update Website Content Frequently: Updating your website’s content on a frequent basis attracts search engine spiders to index your website pages more frequently.
For help with improving your website’s SEO, layout and user experience please visit www.rml-marketing.com or contact us today.